2nd Cheadle Scout Group was formed in 1917 and first met in church premises in Ashfield Road, Cheadle. In the early 1920’s an ex-army hut was acquired and erected on the land belonging to the Group Scout leader of the day, Jack Warburton in New Hey Road, Cheadle. On 23rd December 1940 at 7.30pm a German bomb destroyed the Scout hut, serveral houses and killed 3 people. Meetings were then moved to an empty garage behind the house of the Scout master (Fred Lamb) on the site where Roscoes DIY once stood.
From there an old house near the Red Lion, Cheadle was rented and then on to another ex-army hut in Haw Bank, Cheadle Village. In 1948 the headquarters moved to a site in Bank Street, Cheadle and in May 1959 a bigger and better hut was acquired from RAF Cranage and erected on the Bank Street site. Cheadle and Gatley UDC compulsory purchased the site in 1968 for housing purposes and the hut was dismantled and reassembled on our present site in The Paddock, off Brookfield Road, Cheadle.
In 1976/1977 the brick headquarters that we know today was build and officially opened by Cheadle M.P. Tom Normanton.
In 2007 we undertook a huge building project extending the brick foyer to include disabled toilets and adding a new brick storeroom to house our canoeing equipment and vehicle.
In 2010/2011 extensive works was achieved in the main hall by laying a new floor, redecoration and also a new roof, which has created a cleaner, safer and warmer environment for us all to enjoy.